Saturday, July 26, 2014

Myoptic Photography




There are a few things I've noticed about myself as I pursue this journey into "middle-age." I don't heal as fast any more. Cuts and scrapes take a few extra days to heal over. 
And my vision has changed. 
That "fine-print" must be held a few extra inches further from my face, and lit slightly better. As I lay in bed and read at night, the book is now held more distant so the words can come into focus. As I research my world, I've  been forced to look at it from a greater distance. My vision has become farsighted. 

I now suffer from hyperopia!









But my photography has brought me closer. My photography has become myopic, or short sighted!









I have become intrigued, maybe even a little obsessed by macro photography, and especially in these summer months. I'm attracted to the flowers, the small creatures that crawl upon them, and fly into them. And fungus and lichens. But it's the flowers that mostly catch my eye.  
So, as my vision has brought me further from the subject, the record I've been keeping, has brought me closer!


Maybe I should concentrate more on the synoptic...

No comments:

Post a Comment